Pages

13 February 2012

Exhausted. I blame DrNik

Messing about in boats, photo by Laela
This weekend we went for a short paddle in a lake... No wait, wrong story...

This weekend we went for a long canoe trip (approx. 25kms) in a river leading into a dam, with 10 other people to celebrate DrNik's birthday.

There was canoe-based shenanigans, lots of trees, some wildlife (including the first goannas I'd seen in 15 years), champagne and lobster.

It was good fun. Nice to get outdoors, to get out of my comfortable non-camping rut, and watch the world go by at the pace of a paddled canoe. I'd like to report:
  • no sun-burn, except possibly on my lower lip, 
  • that lobster cooked over a campfire is tasty, as are sausages made by Laela, and
  • that apparently I have canoeing shoulders, as there's very little muscle ache.
All of which leads to a continued thought that we should really own a sea-kayak, since we live so close to that flat piece of water known as the Parramatta river.

No comments: